Strategies in Stakeholder Management
Stakeholders play a critical role in the success of an organization. But they also tend to have specific interests and expectations whether they are communities, regulatory agencies, government departments, investors, shareholders, customers, labour unions, employees, or the public.
Managing these expectations requires a mix of dynamism, sensitivity and relational competence. This is because in stakeholder management, one style of engagement never fits all.
The purpose of this training is to help organizations invigorate their modalities of engagement with all stakeholders.
Participants will learn critical skills in analysing stakeholder power and influence.
Other objectives are:
- To train participants on how to map and analyze the needs of stakeholders to generate ideas on how organizations may better manage stakeholder expectations.
- Tore-skill participants on how to design and implement a stakeholder engagement matrix.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Understanding stakeholder management
- Steps in stakeholder mapping and needs analysis.
- Community Relations: strategy, benefits and pitfalls.
- Engaging the media.
- Investing in CSR.
- Retaining investor/shareholder confidence.
- Communication and diplomatic skills in stakeholder management.
- Understanding regulatory agencies.
- Conflict resolution skills in stakeholder
- Managing the expectations of stakeholders.
- Impact of government policies and laws on stakeholder relations.
- Crisis communication and disaster response.
Methods of Delivery
- Case studies
- Interactive sessions
- Role Play
Who Should Attend:
- Community relations managers
- Government affairs managers
- Public relations managers
- Marketing and brand managers
- Business development/sales managers
- Customer relations managers
- Corporate affairs managers
- Heads of NGO’s
- HR/staff development managers
- Heads of departments/ institutions
- Staff of all related departments
Course Fee: N240, 000 per participant. (Fee includes breakfast, course materials and lunch.)